FOUR STAR is the top-selling knife series of ZWILLING J.A. Henckels worldwide. Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, this celebrated collection is the model of safety, ergonomics, and comfort. Thanks to their seamless transition from bolster to handle, the knives are comfortable to use for long periods of time. The bolster provides the right balance while acting as a safe finger guard. The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they will NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer. Precision-forged from a single piece of steel, the SIGMAFORGE knives have an exceptionally sturdy, balanced and flexible blade.
The 10-inch fine-edged blade on this knife features slightly curved surfaces on both the back and the cutting edge, terminating in a sharp point. The hand-honed blade is slim and narrow to facilitate even, precise meat cutting. It is made with Henckels' Sintermetal Component Technology (SCT), which allows three different grades of steel to be combined to form a single piece, fusing together the blade, bolster, and tang. What does this mean in layman's terms? It means a strong, high-quality knife that will last a lifetime.
Founded in 1731, the J.A. Henckels company is not only one of the world's oldest cutlery manufacturers, it's also one of the most well respected, creating best-selling knives guaranteed to last a lifetime. --Kim Harwell
From the Manufacturer
| || First introduced in 1976, the Four Star® Series is one of the world's most popular knife lines. Four Star® knives were designed and developed in close cooperation with renowned professional chefs. The result was a fully forged knife with a unique molded handle. The Four Star® line contains knives for all tasks, and includes the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, chef’s, granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Four Star® knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets. || |
A Higher Standard in Knife Construction
Four Star® knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Four Star® knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Four Star® knives use J.A. Henckels’ Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
It's All in The Grip:
| || The Four Star® series features high impact polypropylene handles that are permanently bonded to the knife blades without any gaps. These comfortable handles are break-proof, sanitary, and colorfast. In addition, the super bolster provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance. || |
- SIGMAFORGE 1-piece, precision forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full rat-tail tang: Provides a proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Non-staining, non-rusting.
- Hand, precision honed blade: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Bonded polypropylene handles: Comfortable molded handles and food safe
- Dishwasher safe: Easy care (Although hand-washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.
Features & Highlights
- Manufactured in Germany
- Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
- SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
- Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
- Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
- Ergonomic polypropylene handles permanently bonded for seamless accuracy and gaps
- 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention
- Edge angle 15 degrees per side
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels
ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS
Lifetime warranty against manufacturers defects.
ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS
18.5 x 1.26 x 2.64 inches
2.5 x 1.1 x 18.1 inches
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: 612128-SWT0778, ean: 4901601006810,
Slicing brisket or other large cuts of meat has never been easier than with the Shun Kanso Hollow Ground Brisket Knife. Generously sized, it effortlessly slices through large roasts and meat without the need for a sawing action. The hollow ground fea...
By Route83 Knives
Route83 by Moe Cason Signature Brisket XXL 14" Carving Knife Hand crafted from German steel, Moe's XXL Brisket Carving Knife makes any other carving knives look like butter knives. This was designed with a longer blade and larger handle to fit your...
This item doe not have the CUTCO Signature DD edge. This has a straight edge. In brand new condition in original packaging.Forever Guarantee (Sharpness, performance). Ergonomically designed. Free Factory Sharpening Forever. Double D cutting edge mean...
mpn: 829443, ean: 4943691829443,
Global G29 18cm Meat/Fish Stainless Steel Slicer. This knife has an extra wide blade, making it ideal for slicing off the heavy peels on some fruits and vegetables. Also great for breaking down meat and fish. Loved by professional chefs around the wo...