Free Shipping Included! Yoshihiro VGYA300SH Stainless Hongasumi Yanagi Sushi Sashimi Japanese Chef knife, 11.8'', Rosewood by Yoshihiro at Butternut Squash Restaurant. MPN: VGYA300SH. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Our handmade Yoshihiro VG Stain Resistant Hongasumi Yanagi is crafted with extraordinary skill by our master artisans. Exemplifying the most
Product Description & Reviews
Our handmade Yoshihiro VG Stain Resistant Hongasumi Yanagi is crafted with extraordinary skill by our master artisans. Exemplifying the most intricate techniques of forging, layering and hammering, VG Steel with a hardness on the Rockwell scale of 6263, is forged with iron to create the most elaborate of finishes. Our Yoshihiro VG Stain Resistance Steel Hongasumi Yanagi is complimented with a traditional Japanese style handcrafted premium Shitan Rosewood handle and a protective wooden sheath which is brush coated with a layer of non-toxic lacquer made from organic tree saps in Japan. The lacquer coating provides resistance to unwanted odor, stain and chips, all the while highlighting the beauty of the wood grain with exquisite effect. The Yanagi is a long slicing knife designed to cut thin slices of fish for sushi and sashimi. The beauty of its elegant thin blade is in its ability to slice through ingredients in long uninterrupted strokes, preserving their integrity and freshness. The Yanagi is one of the most essential of traditional Japanese knives and is a powerful component in the repertoire of many chefs.
Features & Highlights
- This knife delivers Hongasumi grade high carbon steel sharpness and edge retention with stainless steel durability and ease of care
- VG Stainless steel blade with HRC 62-63 combines exceptional sharpness and optimal edge retention with stain resistance. Knife will become extremely sharp with whetstone sharpening and will glide through any type of fish with no pressure
- 11.8 inch (300mm) single edged blade with a traditional grind. Completely flat ground on front (SHINOGI), concave ground (URASUKI) with flat rim (URAOSHI) on the back
- Simple and elegant design with a handcrafted Japanese Octagonal Rosewood Shitan handle and a Double Ebony Bolster for a light and well balanced construction
- Lacquer coated magnolia wooden sheath provides odor and stain resistance with ease of cleaning. Hand wash only and sharpen on quality whetstones. Comes ready to use out of the box. 100% handcrafted in Japan. Not mass produced
0.75 x 1.45 x 17.5 inches
3.3 x 2.2 x 19.1 inches
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Yoshihiro, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Mizu yaki Kiritsuke knife with Blue High Carbon Steel Handmade Shitan Rosewood, Octagonal-shaped handle Superior edge retention and durability Handcrafted in Japan Our handmade Yoshihiro Mizu Yaki Blue Steel Kurouchi Sujihiki Slicerknives are at the...
Hasegawa Yanagi is produced with the outstanding technology of the traditional Japanese artisan. It is made with excellent polishing technology and heat treatment. Also, it has excellent abrasion resistance and cutting power. It maintains a sharp bla...
By Haiku Kurouchi
mpn: B06, ean: 4260089861954,
The Karachi knife is, so far, the only knife which fully meets the strict requirements of the CHROMA inspectors for a TAKUMI knife without being manufactured in SAKAI. CHROMA HAIKU Karachi knives meet all the requirements of a TAKUMI knife. Upon de...