Free Shipping Included! Yoshihiro VGYA240SH Hongasumi VG-10 Stainless Steel Yanagi Sushi Sashimi Japanese Knife, 9.5'' (240mm), Rosewood Handle by Yoshihiro at Butternut Squash Restaurant. MPN: VGYA240SH. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Knife Features → Blade Material: VG-10 High Performance Stainless Steel →Edge Angle: Single Edged →Grade: Hongasumi →Handle Shape: Octagonal →Handle Material: Rosewood →HRC: 62-63 →Knife Style: Yanagi Sushi Sashimi Knife →Saya Cover: Lacquered Magnolia Wood →Stain Resistant: Yes Our handmade Yoshihiro Hongasumi knives are crafted with extraordinary skill by our master artisans to create high quality knives that are indispensable in their craftsmanship and performance This k
Product Description & Reviews
Knife Features → Blade Material: VG-10 High Performance Stainless Steel →Edge Angle: Single Edged →Grade: Hongasumi →Handle Shape: Octagonal →Handle Material: Rosewood →HRC: 62-63 →Knife Style: Yanagi Sushi Sashimi Knife →Saya Cover: Lacquered Magnolia Wood →Stain Resistant: Yes Our handmade Yoshihiro Hongasumi knives are crafted with extraordinary skill by our master artisans to create high quality knives that are indispensable in their craftsmanship and performance This knife delivers Hongasumi grade, high carbon steel sharpness and edge retention with stainless steel durability and ease of care. The hard steel of the VG-10 allows for a superior sharpness and edge retention while the softer, surrounding steel adds durability. Handcrafted in Japan with traditional techniques, our Yanagi has a completely flat grind on the front side (Shinogi), a concave grind (Urasuki), and a flat rim (Uraoshi) on the back. The combination of the Urasuki and Shinogi allow for the blade to cut food with minimal damage to the surface and cells, therefore not spoiling the texture and taste. The Uraoshi is the thin, flat rim that surrounds the Urasuki and enhances the strength of the blade at its otherwise vulnerable edges. Proudly made in Japan and not mass produced. These knives are complimented with a traditional Japanese Wa-style handcrafted Octagonal Handle that is lightweight and ergonomically welds to the hand for seamless use. A protective wooden sheath called a Saya is included, which protects the knife and adds to its appearance when not in use. Traditional Japanese knife making values a sharp edge, which requires attention and care. Sharpening and honing should be done with only water whetstones. Hand wash and dry only, and do so immediately if working with acidic ingredients. Do not use on objects such as bones, nutshells, and frozen foods.
Features & Highlights
- This knife delivers Hongasumi grade high carbon steel sharpness and edge retention with stainless steel durability and ease of care
- VG Stainless steel blade with HRC 62-63 combines exceptional sharpness and optimal edge retention with stain resistance. Knife will become extremely sharp with whetstone sharpening and will glide through any type of fish with no pressure
- 9.5 inch (240mm) single edged blade with a traditional grind. Completely flat ground on front (SHINOGI), concave ground (URASUKI) with flat rim (URAOSHI) on the back
- Simple and elegant design with a handcrafted Japanese Octagonal Rosewood Shitan handle and a Double Ebony Bolster for a light and well balanced construction
- Lacquer coated magnolia wooden sheath provides odor and stain resistance with ease of cleaning. Hand wash only and sharpen on quality whetstones. Comes ready to use out of the box. 100% handcrafted in Japan. Not mass produced
0.75 x 1.25 x 15 inches
2.7 x 2.7 x 21 inches
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
mpn: 4195-7, ean: 0749628452760,
The GOURMET 7'' Hollow Edge Nakiri Knife is designed with a thinner blade than the traditional cleaver, at a 10° cutting edge, and features a long st...
mpn: KKYA270SH, ean: 0740016866435,
Knife Features → Blade Material: High Carbon White Steel #2 →Edge Angle: Single Edged →Grade: Kasumi →Handle Shape: D-Shaped →HRC:62-63...
mpn: NG-MK8817, ean: 0765629482995,
Nego knives are made of high-quality German stainless steel, that resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration. The razor-sharp edge is easy to maintain...