Yoshihiro Left Handed Shiroko High Carbon Steel Kasumi Yanagi Sashimi Japanese Chef Knife 10.5 Inch (270mm) by Yoshihiro at Butternut Squash Restaurant. MPN: LF-KKYA270MH. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Our handmade Yoshihiro Kasumi knives are crafted by our master artisans with the utmost care to create high quality knives that offer exceptional
Product Description & Reviews
Our handmade Yoshihiro Kasumi knives are crafted by our master artisans with the utmost care to create high quality knives that offer exceptional performance with exceptional value. Kasumi translates as mist and refers to the beautiful mist like patterns on the blade that are formed when White Steel #2 (HRC 62 to 63) is forged with iron.
Our Yoshihiro Kasumi knives are complimented with a traditional Japanese handcrafted Magnolia wood (Left Handed D-Shaped) handle affixed with a Water Buffalo horn bolster. A protective wooden sheath called a Saya encases each knife and adds to its appearance when not in use. Yoshihiro takes particular care to create the best knives possible for left handed users. The Yanagi is a long slicing knife designed to cut thin slices of fish for sushi and sashimi. The beauty of its elegant thin blade is in its ability to slice through ingredients in long uninterrupted strokes, preserving their integrity and freshness. The Yanagi is one of the most essential of traditional Japanese knives and is a powerful component in the repertoire of many chefs. Even the simplest of tasks are elevated with a handcrafted knife that is as beautiful as it is functional.
Available in 9.5 Inch(240mm) to 13 Inch(330mm), with a limited lifetime warranty. Although traditional Japanese carbon steel knives are not stainless, with proper care they can provide years of enjoyment. Keeping dry in between usage, and applying Tsubaki Oil(as included) before storage will keep your knife in tip top shape. Japanese knives should always be sharpened and honed on premium quality Japanese water stones.
KNIFE CAN BE OXIDIZED WITHOUT PROPER CARE* RECOMMEND FOR PROFESSIONAL ONLY*
Features & Highlights
- KNIFE CAN BE OXIDIZED WITHOUT PROPER CARE* RECOMMEND FOR PROFESSIONAL ONLY*
- Forged from Japanese White High Carbon Steel #2 with HRC 62-63. Will become extremely sharp with whetstone sharpening.
- LEFT-HANDED 10.5 inch (270mm) single edged blade with a traditional grind. Completely flat ground on front (SHINOGI), concave ground (URASUKI) with flat rim (URAOSHI) on the back. Will glide through any type of fish with no pressure. Just start the cut and pull the knife back.
- Simple and elegant design with a handcrafted Magnolia wood Japanese D-shaped handle and Water Buffalo Horn bolster (COLOR VARIES) for a light and well balanced construction.
- Excellent for entry level chefs. Magnolia wood knife sheath, knife oil, and rust eraser included. Hand wash only and sharpen on quality whetstones. Comes ready to use out of the box. 100% handcrafted in Japan. Not mass produced.
Magnolia wood Handle
7.6 x 2.3 x 20.9 inches
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Yoshihiro, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Mac Knife
mpn: BSX-85, ean: 0854911000969,
his MAC Knives Chef Series Nonstick Sushi Knife is a nonstick coated version of the MAC Knives Chef Series 8.5-inch Asian Chef's Knife (HB-85). The gradual taper from heel to tip is in the style of the Gyuto (Japanese version of the chef's knife). ...
Busy sushi chefs will truly love this knife for its highly resilient edge. Slice as much sashimi as you want, because this knife will keep its edge for a very long time without rusting. Kyoku Samurai Series knives instantly become a natural extensi...
Hasegawa Yanagi is produced with the outstanding technology of the traditional Japanese artisan. It is made with excellent polishing technology and heat treatment. Also, it has excellent abrasion resistance and cutting power. It maintains a sharp bla...
The Yanagi is a long slicing knife designed to cut thin slices of fish for sushi and sashimi. The beauty of its elegant thin blade is in its ability to slice through ingredients in long uninterrupted strokes, preserving their integrity and freshness....