Yoshihiro Hongasumi Blue Steel Yanagi Sushi Sashimi Japanese Knife Rosewood Handle (240mm/9.5'') by Yoshihiro at Butternut Squash Restaurant. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Our handmade Yoshihiro Hongasumi knives are crafted with extraordinary skill by our master artisans to create high quality knives that are
Product Description & Reviews
Our handmade Yoshihiro Hongasumi knives are crafted with extraordinary skill by our master artisans to create high quality knives that are indispensable in their craftsmanship and performance. Hongasumi translates as true mist and refers to the beautiful mist like patterns on the blade that are formed when Blue Steel #2 (HRC 63-64) is forged with iron. The craftsmen of Yoshihiro devote the highest attention to detail with an emphasis on refined forging and polishing. Our Yoshihiro Hongasumi knives are complimented with a traditional Japanese handcrafted Shitan Rosewood Octagonal shaped handle. A protective wooden sheath called a Saya encases each knife and adds to its appearance when not in use. The Yanagi is a long slicing knife designed to cut thin slices of fish for sushi and Sashimi. The beauty of its elegant thin blade is in its ability to slice through ingredients in long uninterrupted strokes, preserving their integrity and freshness. The Yanagi is one of the most essential of traditional Japanese knives and is a powerful component in the repertoire of many chefs. Even the simplest of tasks are elevated with a handcrafted knife that is as beautiful as it is functional. Available in 9.5 inch (240mm) to 13 inch (330mm), with a limited lifetime warranty. Although traditional Japanese carbon steel knives are not stainless, with proper care they can provide years of enjoyment. Keeping dry in between usage, and applying Tsubaki Oil(as included) before storage will keep your knife in tip top shape. Japanese knives should always be sharpened and honed on premium quality Japanese water stones.
Features & Highlights
- Forged from High Carbon Blue Steel #2 with HRC 63-64. Blue steel #2 outperforms White Steel #2 with better edge retention and its ability to take on a finer edge. Will become extremely sharp with whetstone sharpening.
- 9.5 inch (240mm) single edged blade with a traditional grind. Completely flat ground on front (SHINOGI), concave ground (URASUKI) with flat rim (URAOSHI) on the back.
- Will glide through any type of fish with no pressure. Just start the cut and pull the knife back.
- Simple and elegant design with a handcrafted Rosewood Japanese Octagonal shaped handle and a shitan bolster (COLOR VARIES) for a light and well balanced construction.
- Excellent for Intermediate level chefs. Magnolia wood knife sheath, knife oil, and rust eraser included. Hand wash only and sharpen on quality whetstones. Comes ready to use out of the box. 100% handcrafted in Japan. Not mass produced.
2.6 x 1.8 x 19.2 inches
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Yoshihiro, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
mpn: VGYA300SH, ean: 0700736841358,
Our handmade Yoshihiro VG Stain Resistant Hongasumi Yanagi is crafted with extraordinary skill by our master artisans. Exemplifying the most intricate techniques of forging, layering and hammering, VG Steel with a hardness on the Rockwell scale of 62...
Mizu yaki Kiritsuke knife with Blue High Carbon Steel Handmade Shitan Rosewood, Octagonal-shaped handle Superior edge retention and durability Handcrafted in Japan Our handmade Yoshihiro Mizu Yaki Blue Steel Kurouchi Sujihiki Slicerknives are at the...
Hasegawa Yanagi is produced with the outstanding technology of the traditional Japanese artisan. It is made with excellent polishing technology and heat treatment. Also, it has excellent abrasion resistance and cutting power. It maintains a sharp bla...